She Deserves It Christmas Meal Basket Giveaway© is an annual event of Daughters of Sheba Foundation. This year, 2020, marks the first of these promotions. The following rules will apply this and in subsequent years.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Giveaway is open only to the nominees of Fans of Daughters of Sheba Foundation. Fans of Daughters of Sheba Foundation on Facebook can nominate a woman between the ages of 25 – 40 years old as of the date of entry. The Giveaway is only open to legal residents of Jamaica at this time and is void where prohibited by law. Additionally, nominees must be resident in Kingston, St. Andrew, Greater Portmore or Spanish Town to qualify for nomination. Nominees must be a mother of at least two (2) children who are under 18 years old.
Directors and Members of Daughters of Sheba Foundation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Members”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Members are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Fan of Daughters of Sheba Foundation (“Fan”) and the Nominee (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and the Fan and You represent and warrant that the Fan and You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, all agree to accept the decisions of Daughters of Sheba Foundation as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Giveaway.
3. Giveaway Period: Entries will be accepted online at Daughters of Sheba Foundation’s website starting on December 1, 2020. This first occurrence of the Giveaway will end December 11, 2020, at midnight (MST). Only online nominations will be accepted and they must be submitted on or before December 11, 2020, at midnight (MST).
Subsequent dates in 2021 will be updated here.
4. How to Enter: The person making the nomination must review the rules with the person they wish to nominate and together complete and submit a nomination using the online form below. No other method of nomination will be accepted.
The person making the nomination must be a fan of Daughters of Sheba Foundation Facebook Page.
The entry must fulfil all Giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Daughters of Sheba Foundation.
Fans may nominate someone only once and must provide the information requested in consultation and agreement with the nominated person. Fans may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. A nominated person cannot have their names submitted twice.
Any use of fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, the submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Daughters of Sheba Foundation.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Giveaway (the “Winner”) will receive a basket of groceries to the equivalent value of C$100. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Daughters of Sheba Foundation. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Daughters of Sheba Foundation’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Daughters of Sheba Foundation to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by community vote on Facebook under the supervision of Daughters of Sheba Foundation.
The names of the nominated persons, along with a brief background, will be published on Daughters of Sheba Facebook Page upon confirmation of their nomination. Fans and visitors to Daughters of Sheba Foundation’s page on Facebook will “Vote” by liking and commenting. The Nominee(s) with the most “Votes” will be declared the winner.
Winner will be notified by email and telephone, failing those attempts, by Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp within three (3) days following selection of Winner(s). Daughters of Sheba Foundation shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, provincial and/or local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT DAUGHTERS OF SHEBA FOUNDATION‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Release & Consent
8. Rights Granted by the Nominee: By granting permission to the Fan for your name to be entered and forwarding by email or other means your photograph, the Nominee understands and agrees that Daughters of Sheba Foundation, anyone acting on behalf of Daughters of Sheba Foundation, and Daughter of Sheba Foundation’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Giveaway, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
Terms & Conditions
9. Terms & Conditions: Daughters of Sheba Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond [your company name]’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, Daughters of Sheba Foundation may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Daughters of Sheba Foundation.
Daughters of Sheba Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Daughters of Sheba Foundation has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Daughters of Sheba Foundation reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitation of Liability
10. Limitation of Liability: By giving permission for your name to be entered, You agree to release and hold harmless Daughters of Sheba Foundation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Giveaway IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND Alberta, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Giveaway, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Alberta having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Giveaway is Daughters of Sheba Foundation, with Registered Office at 1500, 10665 Jasper Avenue Edmonton, AB T5J 3S9 Mailing Address: #115, 11007 Jasper Avenue Edmonton, AB, T5K 0K6
14. Facebook: The Giveaway is hosted by Daughters of Sheba Foundation and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, in partnership, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
16. By completing and submitting the Nomination form below, the Fan and the Nominee, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.