Her Stories. A news magazine of the Daughters of Sheba Foundation.
Her Stories – are from, of and about women around our world.
Join us every Sunday at 8:00 p.m. (EST) on Facebook to watch it live or you can catch the replay here.
Come, listen to and hear the stories taken from the headlines about our daughters, sisters, mothers, and nieces – extraordinary women doing small and large things. Women helping women. Women lifting women.
We hope to see you this and every Sunday.
Her Stories – Episode 1 (August 7, 2022)
1. Canada’s shadow pandemic: Femicide
2. 4-day week: Great Britain progress with its field trial
3. The opioid epidemic and how one woman’s family restaurant is helping people in Lexington, Kentucky recover from substance use.
Her Stories – Episode 2 (August 14, 2022)
Her Stories today are:
1. New Equality Bill in Cuba
2. Afghanistan a year after the Taliban occupation: An ongoing war on human rights
3. WIN House Edmonton – Empowering gender-based abuse victims
Her Stories – Episode 3 (August 21, 2022)
1. Four Day Work Week: First Signs of Success
2. The #advancedstyle movement celebrates and empowers stylish older women
3. Beauty & Brains: How One Texan Beauty Queen Is Helping Empower Women
Her Stories – Episode 4 (August 28, 2022)
Her Stories today are:
1. The pandemic’s impact on women and girls in Nepal and Sri Lanka
2. Could Having a Baby Be ‘Healing’ For Teen Rape Victims?
3. Second Chances in Atlanta: How One Woman Is Giving Back To Many
Her Stories – Episode 5 (September 4, 2022)
1. Houston Helps 25,000 People Exit Homelessness
2. Three Jamaican Women Making Strides With Small Business Ventures
3. Jamaican Philanthropist Quietly Serving Victims of Domestic Violence
Her Stories – Episode 6 (September 11, 2022)
This week, Her Stories highlight the plight of women from parts of our world, who are still living under the constant threat of terror – from all sides.
Her Stories today are from:
1. Afghanistan, where one woman’s ambitions to be a future lawyer changed overnight to being betrothed to a Taliban fighter
2. Ukraine: Rape by Russian soldiers – the latest example of a despicable wartime crime that spans the globe
3. Australia: Where new research shows Islamophobia continues at disturbing levels in Australia
Her Stories – Episode 6 (September 18, 2022)
This week, Her Stories are:
- Scotland bans rent increases and stops evictions
- Liz Truss: who is the UK’s new prime minister and why has she replaced Boris Johnson?
- Diane Konkin, a Canadian woman and RTT™ Therapist, helps women and others in Canada and around the world heal mental health challenges
Her Stories – Episode 7 (September 25, 2022)
This week, Her Stories highlight mothers and daughters trying to bring and nurture life and some of the challenges they face and the relief one government is providing:
1. The scourge of sexual violence in West Africa, unveiled
2. Spain strengthens rights of domestic workers—social security and minimum wage
3. What are uterus transplants? Who donates their uterus? And what are the risks?