She Deserves It Giveaways© was launched in 2020 by the Daughters of Sheba Foundation with a Christmas Meal Basket Giveaway. This year, 2021, the first of these promotions is a She Deserves It Everyday Special Gift©. The following rules will apply for this Giveaway.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Giveaway is open only to the nominees of Fans of Daughters of Sheba Foundation. Fans of Daughters of Sheba Foundation on Facebook can nominate women of any ages. The Giveaway is only open to legal residents of Jamaica and Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Additionally, in terms of residency requirements nominees must:
- In the case of Jamaica, reside in Kingston, St. Andrew and/or St. Catherine (Greater Portmore) or have independent ways and means to redeem in the gift at the Kingston-based location.
- In the case of Canada, can reside anywhere as the gift will be mailed.
Directors and Members of Daughters of Sheba Foundation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Members”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Members are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Fan of Daughters of Sheba Foundation (“Fan”) and the Nominee (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and the Fan and You represent and warrant that the Fan and You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, all agree to accept the decisions of Daughters of Sheba Foundation as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Giveaway.
3. Giveaway Period: Entries will be accepted online at Daughters of Sheba Foundation’s website starting on February 15, 2021. This Giveaway will end March 5, 2021, at midnight (MST). Only online nominations will be accepted and they must be submitted on or before March 5, 2021, at midnight (MST).
4. How to Enter: The person making the nomination must complete and submit a nomination using the online form below. No other method of nomination will be accepted.
The person making the nomination must be a fan of Daughters of Sheba Foundation Facebook Page.
The entry must fulfil all Giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Daughters of Sheba Foundation.
Nominations information must include the following:
- Full name of the woman being nominated. Only her first name will be used in our subsequent promotion.
- In Canada – Contact telephone number of the nominee. This is required for a Representative of Daughters of Sheba Foundation may contact her to advise of her winning and to obtain an address for the mailing of her prize.
- In Jamaica – Contact telephone number and email address of the nominee. This is required for a Representative of Daughters of Sheba Foundation may contact her to advise of her winning and to send a gift certificate.
Each Fan can nominate someone only once and must provide the information requested. Fans may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules.
Any use of fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, the submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Daughters of Sheba Foundation.
5. Prizes: The Winners of the Giveaway (the “Winner”) will receive:
- In Jamaica – two women will each receive the gift of a mani-pedicure pamper package, valued C$65, at Hair Extreme Beauty & Barber Concepts in New Kingston, Jamaica
- In Canada – a mother & daughter will each a handmade silver bracelet, each valued at C$55, from Big Blue Barn Designs.
Actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Daughters of Sheba Foundation. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Daughters of Sheba Foundation’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by random drawing of names of nominated women – one drawing for Jamaica and another for Canada on Facebook under the supervision of Daughters of Sheba Foundation.
The first names only of the nominated persons, along with the full name of the person who nominated them and why, will be published on Daughters of Sheba Facebook Page.
Winner will be notified by email and telephone, failing those attempts, by Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp within three (3) days following selection of Winner(s). Daughters of Sheba Foundation shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, provincial and/or local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT DAUGHTERS OF SHEBA FOUNDATION‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Release & Consent
8. Rights Granted by the person making the nomination: As the person making the nomination, you understand that:
- You will need to provide the full name and telephone number for the woman being nominated. As such, you will need to obtain her consent to do so.
- You are agreeing that Daughters of Sheba Foundation, anyone acting on behalf of Daughters of Sheba Foundation, and Daughter of Sheba Foundation’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your name and the statement about why you nominated the particular woman for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
Terms & Conditions
9. Terms & Conditions: Daughters of Sheba Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond [your company name]’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, Daughters of Sheba Foundation may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Daughters of Sheba Foundation.
Daughters of Sheba Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Daughters of Sheba Foundation has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Daughters of Sheba Foundation reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitation of Liability
10. Limitation of Liability: By giving permission for your name to be entered, You agree to release and hold harmless Daughters of Sheba Foundation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Giveaway IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND Alberta, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Giveaway, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Alberta having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Giveaway is Daughters of Sheba Foundation, with Registered Office at 1500, 10665 Jasper Avenue Edmonton, AB T5J 3S9 Mailing Address: #115, 11007 Jasper Avenue Edmonton, AB, T5K 0K6
14. Facebook: The Giveaway is hosted by Daughters of Sheba Foundation and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, in partnership, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
16. By completing and submitting the Nomination form below, the Fan and the Nominee, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.